See 7 for "Cannot connect to host on port 28203"
New! see 17 for "How do I send a print job with e-mail?" Avaible the week of October 14th, please see About for schedule.
New! see 14 for "There is no valid printer for printing this job from this station"
New! see 15 for an issue with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
New! see 12 and 16 for a issues with OS X
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I download print drivers?
Print drivers for downloading are accessible through the Campus Map or the list of locations. Click on the building where your desired printer is located and select the driver that best matches your operating system.
2. How do I get a refund?
Refunds are processed by CougarCopies, CUB Ground Floor, Room 80, and must be requested in person, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. In order to provide a refund, we will need patron WSU ID, phone #, date, time, location, description of event, and problem prints.
3. My printed page didn't look like I expected it to.
Please contact the Key Operator, the on-site support personnel, listed under the Questions or Concerns? section on the posted instructions sign.
4. When I swipe my card I get one of these errors, "Please wait", "User locked on iMFP3", or "Card Type not recognized".
"Please wait" will come up briefly after almost every card swipe, if it seems to be taking a very long time please contact the Key Operator, the on-site support personnel, listed under the Questions or Concerns? on the posted instructions sign. "User locked on..." and "Card type not recognized" may occasionally occur for no apparent reason, please touch [Ok] and try the swipe again. If the same error persists, please contact the Key Operator, the on-site support personnel, listed under the Questions or Concerns? on the posted instructions sign.
5. Do I really have to put in a password?
Yes, but only if you are using a Guest or Departmental CougarCard or if you are printing at a Lab location, the password helps to prevent other people from printing your job. At a Coug Prints Mobile Printing printer there is no need for a password because your print job is already linked to your Network Identity and is never visible to other patrons.
6. What if the Alert page indicates my printer is unavailable?
There are other printers available, select a different printer until the problem is resolved. Please note that a job sent to any of the 4 Market printers, the CUB, or a Library may also be released at any of those 8 locations.
7. I get an error message when attempting to send jobs that states "Cannot connect to host on port 28203". You will need to update your host file. Please download and run the batch file to update your hosts file. This executable requires .Net Framework 2.5 or higher. A download for .Net Framework 3.5 can be found here. Some users may need to run the batch file while in "SAFE" mode. If you are uncomfortable with putting your computer in SAFE mode, please make an appointment with Coug Prints support staff. For Mac users open ports 28203, and 515 under the /System Preferences/Sharing/ pane.
8. Do I really need to download new print drivers again for all of the printers at which I print? Yes! and No! We have combined the print queues as follows: all 4 Markets are combined with the CUB and the 3 Libaries into 1 queue, so that a print job sent to any one of them may be released at any of them. Please see the Locations page for more details. Two of our locations have multiple printers: A print job sent to Owen Science and Engineering Library can be printed on either of two printers at that location and a print job sent to Holland and Terrell Library can printed on any of the four printers at that location.
9. I get an error message when I try to send a print job to a Coug Prints printer stating "Cannot find printer". You may have "old" printer drivers. Please download a new print driver and try again.
10. How much does it cost? The price for copies and prints is 10¢ per page. For 2-sided printing or copying the price is 10¢ per side.
11. How long does my print job stay available on the printer? Coug Prints printers retain print jobs for at least 12 hours.
12. Nothing happens when I try to print to a Coug Prints printer from my Mac. Please download and install the Ricoh Printer Software Update.
13. My Print job does not show up when I send it to either Owen Science and Engineering Library or to Holland and Terrell Libraries. We have recently implemented Mobile Printing for the Library and Market locations which allows us to improve our suite of services there. Please download and install the latest print drivers from the Locations or Campus Map pages. Please also note that a job sent to any Mobile Printing location may be release at any other Mobile Printing location.
14. The printer displays "There is no valid printer for printing this job from this station". The submitted print job specifies an invalid paper size. CougPrint printers use only Letter size paper, submitting a print job with any other size of paper will result in the noted message. Please resubmit the job with letter size pages.
Please note that it may not be sufficient to change only the page size setting in the print driver. Please also change the paper size in the page-setup to "letter".
15. When I try to install a Coug Prints print driver I get an error that reads in part: "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." This is a new security feature in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. To install a Coug Prints driver go to System Preferences, then Personal, Security and Privacy, and choose the General tab. Un-lock the window by clicking on the padlock in the lower left and select the Anywhere radio button. Now install your print driver! After your driver installation is complete, return to that Security and Privacy window and select Mac App Store and identified developers. This last step will return your computer to default security settings.
16. On my MAC I do not get the popup asking for my name, job name, and password anymore. Please uninstall your old print driver with the uninstall utility located in your MAC in /library/application support/pharos/utilities/, then install a new print driver.
17. How do I send a print job with e-mail?. The Mobile Printing service has been implemented, see the Mobile Printing page for details. Send your document as an attachment on an e-mail to email@example.com.